If you feel that your unit is violating some provision of the contract you may file a grievance. The grievance process involves a number of steps and begins with a discussion between you and your local AFUM grievance officer. AFUM tries to resolve the issues as quickly as possible, but will proceed with a full blown grievance process if necessary. To file a grievance you need to fill out this interactive form. and submit it to your grievance officer. If you want to appeal a grievance decision, please fill out this form.

You may also find it helpful to consult the University of Maine System Policies and Procedures for Supervising University Employees. While technically, not part of the contract, these are policies that supervisors are expected to observe.